Thursday, November 5, 2009

Randomness

Yes, I know it has been a while since I wrote anything, life has been crazy busy the past little while. School is proving to require more work than I thought, but that's ok, classes are interesting but I'm a bit tired of homework. Funny to think that there is only about a month and a half left till the semester is over... time flies.
I am currently listening to the soundtrack "Pride and Prejudice" (2005) as I unwind from a long day. I am trying to think of what all has happened in the past month or so since I last posted anything... it's not that things haven't happened, but that I can't think of what exactly you would find interesting. Bear with me... ummmmm..... I turned 22 about a week ago and had an amazing birthday!!!!! Although I'm pretty sure that if you are reading this blog you already know that.
Lately though, God has been teaching me about trust. I never really saw myself as a person with trust issues until this year, but now I see that I am not as trusting as I thought I was. Anyway, the Lord has been showing me that often when I am struggling to trust someone and it has nothing to do with something done or said, the problem is not with that other person but with me. The ultimate issue isn't with whether or not I trust this other person, but with whether or not I trust God.
If I claim to love and follow God, it is required that I trust Him. Faith requires trust, plain and simple. My faith, my hope, my security is in Christ alone. He is my Rock in good time and in difficult times.
My prayer for the past week or so has been, "Lord, I don't love you like I should. Please, help me to love you more. Lord, I don't trust you like I should- help me to trust you more."
This post has gotten more heavy than I had planned, but then again I didn't have much of a plan. Oh! Yes, this is random but I've downloaded Steven Curtis Chapman's new CD "Beauty will Rise" and it is beautiful! The album is very transparent and such an encouragement to me! I love the courage it takes to be that authentic- listen to it if you can. Well, that's all for now- time to get some much needed sleep. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment