Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Real Welcome

I said that I would give you a proper welcome so here it is: Welcome to my blog, Beauty from Ashes. This is a place where I will basically post an assortment of thoughts, experiences, musings, and whatnot for you, the dear Reader to love, hate, laugh at, and otherwise enjoy.
The name for this blog comes out of Isaiah 61:3 which says, "...To all who mourn in Israel,he will give beauty for ashes, joy instead of mourning, praise instead of despair. For the LORD has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for his own glory. (New Living Translation).

You may be thinking, "Okay, that's nice but what does that have to do with the name of this blog?" Allow me to answer that question: I chose to name my blog Beauty from Ashes because that passage in Isaiah has meant sooo much to me these past few months. Why? The past six months of my life have been a wild ride at the least. I won't go into detail because there is no need, nor do I think that you would really be interested in everything that has happened, but sufficient to say, it has been a challenging time with lots of tears. I see all that has happened and all that I have walked through as being ashes in my life, the worthless stuff that I can't do anything with, the pain that seems to have no rhyme or reason. But that is only what these circumstances are in my hands and in my limited perspective. God's plan is not that these "ashes" remain worthless and seemingly pointless in my life. Over the past few months, He has been using the painful experiences to draw me closer to Himself, teaching me about who He is and who I am. He has taken all the pain and sorrow and is turning it into joy and beauty. He is not done, by any strech of the imagination- I know that I still have a long way to go. I feel as though I have come, in some small way into Beauty from the Ashes.

If you have questions, comments, thoughts, or whatever, please feel free to post them- I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment