Friday, August 28, 2009

Saying GoodBye to Teddy Kennedy

I can say that I have never thought very much about Sen. Ted Kennedy. My politics and his clashed in almost every way possible. Being the passionate Irish person that I am, it is easy for me to get all worked up over, well, almost anything. Watching clips on the news from the Senate floor with Kennedy speaking often irritated me to the extent that I was yelling at the TV. (Actually yelling at the TV isn’t a very uncommon thing, oh that Irish blood which courses through my veins!)
Now that Sen. Kennedy is gone, I feel as though I have lost something, someone. I obviously did not know the Senator personally, but I think I would have liked to have known him. He seemed to be the kind of person who could have taught me a lot. The one question that still remains in my mind is “Senator, did you know Jesus?” I can only speculate...

No comments:

Post a Comment