Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Learning

Sometime, life isn't easy. I'm pretty sure you can agree with this observation. Right now, life isn't particularly easy. I cry, a LOT, and about everything. Every emotion you can think of, I express through tears. It's kinda pathetic, I tell ya... and annoying. Let's not forget how I manage to annoy myself by crying. It's a hassel. Having said this, I should also mention that my life is still wonderful.

My circumstances do not change the fact that my life is wonderful. I serve a loving, LIVING Lord who counts every tear, knows every need and never leaves me to walk through anything on my own. I am blessed to have a wonderful, loving husband who puts up with me and walks with me through it all- the easy and the difficult, the good and the not so good. I have the best family and friends in the world who support me and encourage me. I. Am. Blessed.

This is not to say my life is perfect. It's not. It won't ever be. Some days, I just feel like running away and joining the circus. But I don't. I won't. I will walk through all of this life I am blessed to call mine. I will feel each moment of joy and each moment of sorrow. I will give thanks and praise to the One who gives every good and perfect gift.

Lately, the Lord has been teaching me to trust Him, even when things are going the way I'd like. He's been teaching me to take a deep breath and give him thanks for all things. He's been teaching me that when it's hard to trust, choose to trust for each moment and breath, and when the next breath comes along, trust Him for that one as well. It isn't easy but it's worth it. He is showing me where peace is found. It's a good place, but a difficult one.

My sink is full of dirty dishes, my dishwasher is full of clean ones. My laundry, both clean and dirty runneth over. The house needs to be vacuumed, dusted, moped and scrubbed. But that's life. And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment