Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Well, I didn't get the menu for this week posted yesterday, so I'm doing it today. Welcome to Tasty Tuesday! On the menu this week we have the following:

Monday: Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin with mustard roasted potatoes and onions

Tuesday: Italian Beef Sandwiches with Nanny's Italian Tomatoes and roasted green beans

Wednesday: dinner at church

Thursday: I'm working so Hubby is on his own

Friday: Enchiladas and Tex-Mex Rice with black beans

Saturday: Beef Stroganoff with egg noodles and broccoli

Sunday: Nanny's Macaroni and Cheese adapted for the crock pot

If you will notice, there are a couple meals listed that were also on last week's menu.... that's cuz we went out of town and I didn't get them cooked. It makes planning meals so much easier when that happens :)

You know what makes a foodie like me happy? If you answered "food" you are incorrect. Yes, I like food (especially the cooking part) but that's not what makes me happy right now. The correct answer is "a new knife"! Hubby bought me a new chef's knife! We were at his Uncle and Aunt's house and were admiring their knife block (I know, we're weird) and I mentioned that I didin't have a chef's knife and would like one, so he bought one for me! I love love love it! Good knives make all the difference when working in the kitchen, and they are safer to use than dull knives. I know that may sound crazy because a dull knife can't cut through the skin of a tomato easily but because of the extra pressure you have to use it will easily cut through the skin of your finger. Lesson here: a sharp knife is a safe knife.

No comments:

Post a Comment