Wednesday, February 29, 2012

He is never surprised

Well, it appears I'm still a blogging slacker. Oh well. Sorry. I promise it's not intentional. SOooo, how is life everyone? Things here are still crazy, but good. It feels like every time I get used to a particular schedule, it changes. Guess that's life though.

This weekend, we celebrate out ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!! Holy cow!!!! It doesn't feel like we've been married a year yet- where did the time go!!?!?!?!?!???!!! To say that I am slightly introspective would be correct. I've been doing some thinking the past few days as I have run around town trying frantically to a dress for our anniversary dinner (I did find one BTW).

It doesn't seem like a year as has passed, but here we are, one year later. This past year has brought a lot more surprises that I thought it would, a lot more change too. But isn't every year like that?

I am introspective for more than just our anniversary. This past Saturday/Sunday, my youngest brother's best friend was taken to the hospital for several reasons but the cause of all his symptoms appears to be cancer. What is so hard is that this guy, his name is Trey, is only 15! In spite of all the difficulty surrounding this time and situation, there have already been some huge blessings to come out of this.

This past weekend was Disciple NOW weekend at our church, which means that word of Trey's hospital visit spread even faster than it normally would have. This devastating news has brought our church family together is such an awesome way- it is WONDERFUL to see the Church really come together like a Family in unity.

Our church has been so divided for so long (really long story and the details don't matter), we have really started to see the Lord healing and restoring the years the locusts have eaten. Relationships are being rebuilt, hostility is being let go. And now Trey is sick.

Two years ago, my grandfather was diagnosed with cancer. We thought for sure we would be making funeral arrangements because on top of the cancer, he contracted MERSA, a staph infection that was resistant to drugs. Well, long story short, my grandfather is still alive and kickin' and doing quite well. We praise God for what He has done and what He is going to do.

I tell you this story not because they have a common theme: God was not surprised. We as humans cannot comprehend the mind of the Father. God was not surprised or taken aback by my grandfather's illness nor by Trey's. God knew from the beginning of time that all of this would occur. This is comforting to me, why? Because it reminds me that God is bigger than all of our circumstances. We do not want to see people we know and love in pain and illness, but in the midst of it all, we see that our God is bigger and greater than it all! Not only that, but our God uses all things to bring Himself glory and to being good to those whom He calls His children.

I am saddened for Trey and his precious family. I have walked down the road of cancer with several family members and friends, and it is never easy. (I nearly start crying every time I get on facebook because of all the love and support everyone is giving, and I'm not even related to the family!) But I have hope, as I know they do too. I have hope because my Jesus is Bigger, and Greater than any illness and I know that He has a plan. I do not understand His plan, but I know Him. I trust Him.

As the Lord brings them to your mind, please pray for Trey and his sweet family. Pray that God would grant them peace, pray that they would find Rest in Him as they walk through this season of difficulty holding onto the hand of the One Who Formed the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment