Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Kitchen Challenge

If ya haven't figured it out by now, I kinda like to cook... a lot. My hubby's birthday is Monday and I'm making the cake. Last year, I made him cheesecake because that's one of his favorites and I had a recipe I wanted to try. (That recipe has since become a favorite- shout out to 2nd Ave Deli in New York- you're cookbook is amazing!)

This year, however is different. This year he want cheesecake. This year he wants red velvet cake.

+


=


Yes, THAT is what he wants for his birthday! We ate at Cheesecake Factory in January which is when he tried that way too awesome for words cake and decided he wanted me to try and recreate it for his birthday. It's going to be a challenge. It's going to require two cheesecake pans. It's going to be more sugar than we've eaten in a loooong time. And it's so TOTALLY going to be worth it! Photos and an update to come after the momentous event of my creating this monstrosity of a completely fabulous cake!

PS: I got a card reader for my camera! That means all those photos on my camera can finally be posted here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment