Monday, May 9, 2011

Blessed

I have to admit that there are a lot of times in the business of my life that I forget to count my blessings. Yesterday was a reminder of just how blessed I am. We celebrated Mother's Day and a birthday with my husband's family (my family was out of town, not on purpose, it just happened that way) and it was really wonderful- lunch out and then a simple, family and close friends gathering that evening~ completely perfect!

Long before I even knew who I would marry, I began praying for my future husband's family to be godly, kind and loving people. I know, weird. I had heard stories of in-laws that were less than great and decided that I would pray that God would bless me with wonderful in-laws. Guess what? The Lord answered my prayers and has given me the BEST in-laws in the world! And I'm not just talking about my husband's immediate family, but his grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins and so on. I absolutely could not imagine marrying into and being part of a more wonderful, more Jesus-loving family that this! They are such a blessing to me!

God has also blessed me with a WONDERFUL husband! I had also been praying for a godly husband, lest you think that I only prayed for good in-laws. And once again, the Lord has showered blessings and grace upon my life (shocking, I know). My husband loves the Lord Jesus with all that he has, he loves me and provides for our family (the two of us and our kitties) and he loves my family. He is such a blessing to me!

In Matthew 7:11 Jesus says, "If you the, being evil, know how to give good girts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give what is good to those who ask Him!" I am a daddy's girl, always have been and always will be. I know my dad loves me but when I think about how much he loves me and how much my husband loves me, I cannot help but think and realize that my Heavenly Father loves me even more and it blows my mind! My Father in Heaven continues to shower blessings upon my life in all kinds of forms and each time I am amazed. Amazed by Grace. Amazed by Love. Amazed by Provision. My God is Amazing.

It is easy to get caught up in looking at the works of God's hands and forget that it is He we are to worship, not the things that He does. And it is equally as easy to look past to works of His hands at the day-to-dayness of our lives and get bogged down. There's laundry. There's cooking. There's cleaning. There's homework. There's work. There's... the list goes on and on. But I want to stop and take inventory of where I am in my life and the blessings that have been rained down from my Heavenly Father and in taking inventory, I find that I don't want to worship what He has done but that I want to worship Him.

My life is not perfect. My house is not clean (not all the time). My cooking doesn't always turn out like I plan it. My laundry pile is getting bigger (true fact). But I wouldn't trade even one dirty sock or poorly cooked meal or anything else to have another life. This life and this place God has me in my life journey with Him is mine, it is a blessing He has given me and I wouldn't trade it for all the clean dishes or vacuumed rugs in the world. I love me life! I love my Lord who gave it to me!

Shannon

PS: The Menu for this week:
monday~ smothered chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and beef over rice with steamed green beans
tuesday~ (friends coming over- yay!) shrimp appetizer, beef stir-fry over rice and homemade cheese cake for dessert
saturday and sunday~ pizza quesadillas and ? (I'm one meal short right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment