Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Hats

I have to say that it is nice to have a chance blog again. This past week has been C-R-A-Z-Y! But here I am, back in front of my computer, sitting on my couch with my cup of coffee- it's a happy place.

I have a friend coming over at lunch to do a trial run of her makeup for her wedding this weekend. I love doing makeup for people, especially weddings! That to say, I should probably be getting the laundry out of the living room and stashing it away till I have time to finish folding hanging everything, but it can wait a little bit longer.

Oh! And the Moroccan grilled chicken kabobs were WONDERFUL last night! The veggies weren't a new favorite, and the couscous was ok (my cooking error that made it just 'ok') but the chicken is officially on the list of go to recipes!

Ok. Hats. I wish I could wear them. But I'm afraid that I don't really know how to truly wear a hat. I understand that it belongs on your head and that it should complete an outfit but that's about where my hat knowledge ends. Sad, I know. But if I did wear a hat then I'd wear something like this...

{please ignore the makeup and look only at the hat}

{isn't this cute?! I love the vintage look! Perfect for the winter!}

Both of these hats are classy and oh so very retro, the following are NOT things that I'd ever wear and I don't think that anyone else should either... 

{ridiculous}
{Lovely color. Hideous outfit, esp the hat}

I understand the British tradition of wearing hats to certain events, including weddings and I understand wanting to make a fashion statement but these last two hats, seriously?!? Why would you want to look like a cartoon at such a glamorous event as the Royal Wedding? I would have gone with something a little more classic and elegant and less... crazy. 

Sight... I wish I could wear hats, but sadly I'm just not a hat person... However, I like the idea of hats, that has to count for something.

1 comment:

  1. I just wonder if these two young women "have a MOTHER"!!!!!!!!!!!! Who in their right mind would let their daughter's walk out in public with those
    overgrown hair bows on their heads disguised as... ... HAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To those of us who love to wear hats this is an abomination! Just in case you wanted to know how I feel.

    ReplyDelete