Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Brownies and homesick

Yesterday, I made these. I have been wanting to make these brownies for about four weeks. Guess what? They were just ok. I was expecting them to be a-m-a-z-i-n-g but they were a little bit too much for me and I realize that I prefer a simple, traditional brownie. However, If I had a pot luck or something like that to attend, then I would probably make them- they would be a hit!

On another note.... I recently saw a friend's pictures of Israel posted on her blog. Seeing those pictures made me realize how much I miss Israel. I was there in May 2007 for 14 days and almost everyday since them, I have missed it. It's kind of like being homesick. There's really no place like it and there's no way to really describe how incredible it feels to be in the same place where Jesus walked and taught or to walk in the land given to Abraham and his descendants forever. Here are a few pictures from my trip, I hope you enjoy them.

{Dome of the Rock; Jerusalem}

{Children coming home from school}

{Ancient Roman Aquaduct;
Caesaria By the Sea}

{The Mediterranean; Caesaria By the Sea}

{The Judean Wilderness; read Ps. 23}

{Another view of the Roman aquaduct}

{The Kotel, aka the Wailing Wall, the Westen Wall; 
this is the holiest site in Judaism; Jerusalem}


{Prayers left in the Kotel by worshipers}

{Hibiscus flower in the Galilee} 

{Jerusalem, the Holy City}

{Ancient oliv tree in the Garden ofGethsemane
on the Mount of Olives; Jerusalem} 

{Wild flowers in a field; either the Golan region or
the Galilee region}

{Sign in the Old City of Jerusalem; 
there are 4 quarters: Arab, Armenian
Jewish and Christian}

{Flower in the Old city}

{Worshipping the One who holds Israel in his hands}

{Random street corner; Jerusalem} 

These are just some of the nearly 1500 pictures I took. Even now, after choosing the pictures and posting them here, my heart feels squeezed with homesickness. I hope that someday I will get to return to Israel but more than that, I hope and pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, the Peace that only Messiah Yeshua can bring. 

שאלו שלום ירושלים

No comments:

Post a Comment