Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cooking

I love to cook. Love. Love. Love. When the D and I were registering for wedding gifts, picking out anything kitchen related was my favorite and the easiest part of the whole process. We were very blessed to  have been given most, if not all, of those items as wedding gifts. I love to try new recipes and discover more foods that my husband and I like. Prime example: last night. I tried a few new things mixed with a few tried and true items as well. New foods: 'juicy' chicken (friend gave me the recipe and that's it name b/c the chicken is well, juicy) and grilled squash and zucchini (this was new for D but something I have loved for years). Tried and True foods: grilled corn on the cob, long grain and wild rice,  and grilled vidalia onion.

I realize that this is a lot of grilling but it's summer so it's time to grill... And my wonderful grillmaster husband does it for me, which means that dinner gets done quicker because we are working as a team :).  Here is what the grilled portion of last night's dinner looked like:

{the foil ball is the vidalia onion; doesn't it look yummy?
He did a great job!}

Sorry I don't have a picture of the rice and chicken. While it tasted a-m-a-z-i-n-g, it looked like any slow-cooked chicken and any rice pilaf you've ever seen. Thursday, I am going to be trying paella, an oh so versatile and yummy rice dish. Love it! And ours will include spicy chorizo sausage :). I'm looking forward to it, if you can't tell. Next week, I am thinking about having Israeli/Middle Eastern food for dinner one night. I've done similar things before but I am thinking of revamping everything but the chicken. I'll let you know how it turns out. 

Ok, enough about food. In other news, my hubby has a blog! Yes, you should check it out! dbairdonline.wordpress.com is his blog. Go there, you'll like it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment